It is a blessing to meet you here, at this home of mine on the web. I am sorry that for you, our meeting is driven by difficulty, hurt, or frustrating inertia. I consider it one of my blessings to provide professional counseling to adults and adolescents within a nurturing, accepting environment. My hope is to offer an intentional, purposeful relationship - an instrument of change - magnetizing and drawing near to restoration, overcoming, and thriving.
I am committed to offering sound emotional care, psychological services, and an opportunity for your spiritual beliefs to be integrated into the healing process through a Christian counseling perspective.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
As I begin to introduce myself to you here, I want to describe some of the themes that come to mind as frequent visitors in my counseling practice. Certainly it is not exhaustive, but to paint a general landscape for you:
- Christian Counseling (click for more)
- Eating Disorders: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, and Binge Eating Disorder (click for more)
- Adolescent therapy (click for more)
- Women’s Issues (click for more)
- Relationship dissatisfaction
- Trauma Recovery
- Painful past relationships
- Body Image dissatisfaction
- Diet Addiction
- Imbalance of focus on food/fat/dieting and your relationship to your body
- Exercise addiction
- Self Image deficits
- A Christian Counseling Perspective on Spirituality integrated into Counseling
- Clinical Supervision
The significance of Jordan Stones:
The Jordan river is a common representation of the journey from wandering and wilderness to promise and abundance.
In therapy, our journey is a process. First we are sustained, then we are restored, then we thrive.
As the story goes, when the journey was accomplished and the wilderness was overcome, stones were set up as a memorial to claim and remember the new landscape and blessing they now inhabited. My hope is that this is your experience internally as well as externally in your life.